Sales Manager - Software Solutions into the Public SectorBasic salary £45,000 - £55,000 depending on experience, OTE £75,000 + car allowance + benefitsHome based role
My client is a specialist software developer, creating both bespoke and off shelf software solutions for police forces and crime labs throughout the UK and overseas. They are a market leader and are looking to build on their success by recruiting someone to lead their sales function both with new business and management of existing accounts. This is an amazing opportunity to join this niche sector business and help form and drive the sales function.The Role:
- The business don't currently have a specific sales team so they are looking for someone who can help establish the function and look at things like sales literature, software demos, then be hands on with sales themselves.
- You'll be selling bespoke software solutions as well as licenses for off the shelf products, predominantly to police forces and crime labs.
- It's a mix of generating new business through relationship building and referrals but also managing existing relationships with large clients they already have.
- Clients can be anywhere in the UK but also overseas and there would be a need for some travel to the USA for trade shows and client meetings although this wouldn't be regularly.
- Order values can be over £100k so lead times and project cycles can be quite long. Some business is more transactional and lower value if it's not a bespoke piece of work.
- We're also looking for you to help recruit and manage a more junior sales person once you 're up and running yourself, this could be up to 6 months into the job.
- This is a role where you'll be home based and meeting clients a fair bit of the time but there will be a need to spend time in the office in the south of England, particularly when you first start in the role.
- We're looking for someone who has either software sales experience to the public sector, or has sold any solution into the police forces in the UK and can negotiate the structure of procurement and decision making.
- You'll have significant experience in sales, and be able to help create literature, set processes in place and build a structured sales function.
- You'll be comfortable with national travel and some international travel occasionally and be able to attend meetings in the office when needed, although your location can be flexible.
- You'll be credible, a great communicator and be used to working with tender processes as part of previous roles.
- This is a senior role and as such, your experience and ability should reflect that.
- A basic salary between £45,000 and £55,000 is offered depending on experience
- There is a car allowance available
- OTE is uncapped, circa £75,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private medical insurance after qualifying period
- Medicash scheme and other benefits
This role is immediately available so please apply below and shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 48 business hours.
Highbridge Talent are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role