Are you in search of a workplace that thrives on community connections through advertising? If so, we'd love to have you join our sales team! We need someone who understands the connection between marketing and sales and genuinely gets excited with each and every sale - big or small. Our Lamar office in Reading, Pennsylvania is now hiring a new Account Executive (salary + commission) to help us bring innovative outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Reading, PA and the surrounding areas.
The purpose of the Sales Account Executive is to meet and exceed sales objectives in their assigned territory by promoting and selling outdoor advertising to qualified advertisers. An Account Executive (AE) is expected to use professional sales techniques and develop long-term advertising relationships that grow Lamar advertising sales.
Who we are:
Founded in 1902, Lamar Advertising Company is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. With over 351,000 displays across the United States and Canada, Lamar is dedicated to helping both local businesses and national brands reach broad audiences every day.
We provide ad space through:
Transportation and airports
The largest network of digital billboards in the United States
We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
We are committed to sustainable and environmentally friendly business practices and use a number of innovative strategies to reduce our environmental impact. We are actively working to reduce our annual greenhouse gas emissions and are projecting a 70% decrease by 2026 as a result of our efforts.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
- About Us
- Our Relationships
- Giving Back Program
What's in it for you?
- A flexible work environment that celebrates differences and fosters the feeling of family
- A Monday-Friday schedule with paid holidays
- First-year earning potential of $48,000 - $75,000 / year, dependent on experience and selling ability
- No commissions cap, so earning potential is unlimited as you grow your book of business!
- Monthly auto and cell allowances for work-related expenses
What can you expect from us?
- Comprehensive training program with opportunities to participate in our corporate-hosted Lamar Sales School
- Multiple medical plan options
- Dental and vision insurance
- 120 hours of paid time off (PTO) that increases with tenure
- 401(k) plan with company contributions for participation
- Wellness program incentives such as medical plan premium holidays and HSA contributions
- Ongoing professional development and internal leadership programs to maximize your career potential
- Advancement opportunities, as our goal is to promote all Sales Managers from within!
What we're looking for in YOU:
- Comfort making cold calls over the phone and in-person
- Ability to make oral presentations and clearly articulate policies and procedures
- Align with our values of inclusivity and effectively communicate with people of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds
- Motivation to learn new technology and systems
- Ability to exhibit effective time management and self-organization
- Willingness to immerse yourself in the outdoor advertising industry with the intent of selling its benefits to businesses and customers
- Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
- Ability to perform effectively under fluctuating workloads
- A knack for making connections and gaining the trust of others
- Ability to meet a sales quota and utilize general sales techniques
- Intrinsic self-motivation to overcome challenges and meet goals
- Resilience in response to rejection
A day in the life:
On a regular basis, you will:
- Meet and exceed sales targets and monitor personal sales data and reports
- Target businesses in the assigned area and visit each established Lamar client as well as competitor's clients in a specified time frame
- Exhibit working knowledge of local and national competition
- Cluster accounts to work them efficiently
- Identify potential growth areas and open new accounts
- Use Lamar computer tools to locate prospects & follow up on leads, as well as prepare proposals, written presentations, and research
- Develop their presentation skills by utilizing computer tools, and present to clients on a regular basis
- Develop new product knowledge and selling skills
- Actively participate in sales meetings, regional meetings, seminars, and trade shows
- Perform administrative duties, such as:
- Maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly sales plans a month in advance
- Follow up on all client production orders and problem-solve any issues that may arise
- Maintaining organized and up-to-date records of clients and sales activity
Education and experience:
- Current and Valid Driver's License required
- College Degree preferred
- Previous Outdoor Advertising sales experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- CRM experience preferred
Physical demands and work environment:
- The work environment is a combination of an office environment and work in the field making sales calls and servicing existing accounts.
- The physical demands for this position include light lifting, seeing (with a focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the time, standing, talking, turning, and walking.
- Nights spent away from home traveling are less than 10%.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for clarification on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)