Avantor is hiring a Sales Specialist, Lab Furniture. Under general supervision, sell a specific product, service line, or solution that within another sales representative's territory. Partner with inside/outside sales representatives to assist in closing complex and/or technical sales that require additional expertise. Coach territory sales teams on technical knowledge related to specialty products/services. Attend industry events, technical training classes, and professional organization meetings.
The Sales Specialist is accountable and responsible for delivering the highest level of customer support, technical knowledge and lab planning for our customers' new laboratory builds, renovations, and similar projects. The Lab Furniture Specialist works within the matrix of general sales representatives, supply partners, operations, project managers, customer service teams to function as main point to ensure we meet deadlines, specifications, customer requirements, and long-term account goals that are in line with company and business unit strategy.
Who you are:
- A transformative, creative business professional who seeks innovation and continuous improvement.
- You are a self-starter who adapts to customers' needs in an ever-evolving market through collaboration within a matrix environment including, but not limited to, sales, operations, portfolio, finance, supply chain.
- Maintains strong external partnerships with manufacturers and industry experts alike.
- You can create scalable programs, deliver measurable results and are excited about the opportunity to shape the development of our growing team and strategic expansion.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Sell and support the VWR Furniture product portfolio
- Assist customers with the design and product selection for building out their lab space in all market segments
- Identify and close lab renovation and expansion projects
- Communicate effectively with VWR sales reps, customers, suppliers, estimators, designers, project coordinators, project managers, and installers
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- Minimum 5 years of experience selling products to construction trades is preferred
- Knowledge of construction divisions 10, 11, 12 a plus
- BS degree in construction science or related area, or equivalent work experience required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Ability to understand architectural plans and specifications; prepare material take-offs; and estimate costs.
- Experience in project management and ability to use AutoCAD, BlueBeam, etc., is a plus.
- Be a proactive individual, as well as have solid communication, organizational, time-management, and PC skills.
- Be a self-starter that is quickly motivated, effectively implements programs, recognizes opportunities, communicates ideas, and acts with little direction in a fluid and matrixed environment.
- Overnight travel is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at recruiting@ and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Su pplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Colorado and New York Equal Pay Transparency:
Avantor is committed to equitable compensation practices. The compensation range for this role is:
$70,000.00 - $119,000.00
Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as minimum and preferred qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience and location.