Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians is seeking a Scanner/Indexer for our Clerical Float Team located in Westerville, OH. Under the direction of supervisor, the scanner/indexer will be responsible for pulling current or historical items from medical paper records for the purpose of scanning and indexing those records into the patient's electronic record. Besides interaction with own Supervisor and co-workers this position could interact with Manager of EHR, physician Site Manager/Site Supervisor and office staff, Ancillary Department management personnel. This is a full-time position working Monday- Friday 8a-4p.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Retrieve pages for scanning and indexing.
- If pages retrieved from medical chart, maintain page order while separating chart for scanning.
- Scan pages so they are legible and stamp pages after scanned.
- Re-file pages in chart, re-file chart or place pages in secure location to be shredded, as instructed.
- Index items into correct patient's electronic health record, including the correct item type and correct item description matching the page(s) being indexed. This includes the correct physician and date of page(s) being indexed.
- Always maintain professionalism and demeanor. Professionalism and exceptional customer service are expected
- Always maintain strict confidentiality.
- Use tact and sensitivity in communicating effectively and respectfully with physicians and all employees of COPC.
- Performs all other duties as requested by supervisor
Education, Licensures & Certifications
- High school diploma/GED required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Familiarity with patient medical records preferred.
- Organizational abilities essential.
- Knowledge of medical terminology helpful.
- Computer skills and accurate typing required.
- Previous scanning/indexing experience helpful, but not required.