Join Our Team: If making a difference in someone's life is important to you, join our team today! Overview:
This position is located at Elderwood of Lakeside at Brockport, in Brockport, NY. An active social life is an essential aspect of life at Elderwood. Our activities leaders conduct enjoyable recreation programs that keep residents energized, engaged and mentally stimulated. Hours of work are Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00, rotating Saturdays (9:00 - 5:00).
Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse team, Free On-Site Parking, Free Uniforms, Friendly and supportive staff, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Monthly employee appreciation events, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!, Strong leadership, Truly make a difference in our residents' lives while providing top notch care, Uniform Provided Responsibilities:
Base wages increase with experience!
- Assists the Director Activities in planning and carrying out the activity program.
- Approaches residents on assigned unit to plan individual recreational and social activities; reports to Director Activities about response and cooperation of resident.
- Prepares resident information for use by the Director Activities in care planning and documentation; writes progress notes as assigned.
- Assists in developing and maintaining good contact with community resources for the betterment of the activities program.
- Responsible for maintaining departmental inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains attendance records and prepares other reports as required.
Base salary starting at (note: salary increases with experience):: USD $16.80/Hr. Qualifications:
Minimum 18 yrs. age required, HS diploma or equivalent required.
Valid New York Driver's License and clean driving record required.
Ability to develop good relationships with staff, volunteers, families and visitors required.
Ability to inspire and motivate others, create a warm and accepting climate for residents and be able to adapt and modify activities to meet their needs required.
Understanding of the rights and needs of residents required.
Physical stamina for constant activity required.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.