Salary / Benefits£38k-£40k + BenefitsContract Type: PermanentJob Elements
- The purchase of goods and services at the most competitive prices, from sustainable sources to exceed operational requirements.
- You will work as part of a wider purchasing team, dealing with suppliers across the UK, Europe, and Asia.
- Drive Strategic Sourcing strategy for every core category of expenditure across the business.
- Development and maintenance of supplier capability matrix
- Cost reduction exercises on core lines.
- Cost reduction exercises on non-stock purchases including utilities.
- Determine the best sources of supply for each product or service needed by the company, based on price, quality, delivery time, and other criteria
- Developing and managing relationships with suppliers to ensure that they provide high-quality products at competitive prices
- Conducting market research to determine what products are in demand and how they can be marketed effectively
Qualifications / Experience
- Previous experience working in a Purchasing function within a Distribution or Manufacturing Company.
- Experience of working with Far East and European sources of supply.
- Strong negotiator
- An understanding of total cost modelling and cost breakdown.
- Analytical, numerically astute.
- ERP experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Product costing experience.
- CIPS qualification is desirable.
- Travel will be expected at certain times for supplier assessment.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.