What you'll do... About CENTROID
Walmarts CENTROID organization is transforming the future of Walmarts omnichannel Supply Chain strategy. Our team of industry-leading experts, consultants, and technologists combine exceptional strategic thinking with data science and advanced analytics to solve the worlds most complex Supply Chain challenges at Walmarts scale.
Our mission is to design a Supply Chain that leverages Walmarts unique advantages to provide a wide product assortment, offer the lowest costs, fastest speeds, and build cutting-edge technologies to improve customer experience. Were looking for extraordinary Supply Chain talent with top-notch quantitative abilities, critical thinking skills, and business acumen to propel Walmart through the next 50 years of excellence and innovation. Job Description
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist
and Supply Chain professional to own and drive initiatives for the future strategies across Walmarts omnichannel Supply Chain. In this role, the candidate will create the long-term strategy to transform Walmarts rapidly growing omnichannel business. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role with opportunities to collaborate cross functionally and deliver immediate tangible results. Responsibilities
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Manage and execute projects from start to finish, including cross-functional project management, data collection, modeling and analysis, synthesis and communication of insights and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders
- Build scalable and complex Supply Chain models and processes that optimize end-to-end Supply Chain with the goal of delivering excellent customer experience while balancing operating costs and asset efficiency
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and creativity when developing solutions to improve existing business processes within Supply Chain, utilizing methods such as statistical analysis, regression modeling, and optimization
- Obtain alignment from relevant business partners to ensure projects are successful and lead discussions to drive change
- Identify areas of opportunity and influence execution of results via cross-functional participation to enable quick wins and continuous improvement
- Lead implementation of pilots to demonstrate business impact
- Create and deploy robust metrics and dashboards to enable tangible transformation
Potential projects include:
- Enjoy working independently to manage multiple projects while ensuring deadlines are met and data output is accurate and appropriate for the business
- Can deal with ambiguity and make independent decisions about what data and approach is best for the task at hand
- Excel in communicating complex business and technical solutions to individuals and groups at all levels of an organization
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Create models to analyze the Supply Chain network needed to support future sales growth with scenario modeling capabilities to understand the sensitivity to multiple variables; opening, closing, or repurposing distribution centers; conduct scenario analysis to evaluate multiple networks designs and impact to customer experience and cost to serve
- Develop optimization logic and a tool to determine truckload lane strategy for outbound transportation, balancing cost and SLA requirements
Benefits & Perks
- MBA, MS, or PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, or Supply Chain Management
- Experience with large dataset mining tools and open-source programming tools (e.g., R, Python, HiveQL, Spark)
- Experience with network modeling tools (e.g., Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru), network optimization, and long -range planning
- Experience in Supply Chain domains and related information systems distribution/transportation, sourcing, planning, manufacturing, and inventory management
- Experience in Retail industry
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more. Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions while being inclusive of all people. About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. Thats what we do at Walmart Global Tech. Were a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists, and service professionals within Walmart, the worlds largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-ledis our true disruption. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or related field.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Masters degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch) Primary Location...
601 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America