Evelyn Partners are the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group. With £56 billion of assets under management (as of November 2021), we rank as the third-largest UK wealth manager measured by revenues and the sixth-largest professional services firm ranked by fee income (source: Accountancy Age 50 rankings, 2021).We are driven by our purpose to place the power of good advice into more hands for both individuals and businesses. Our purpose is supported by our three core values:Personal - we treat you as an individualPartnership - we go further togetherPerformance - we strive for more.What will you be doing?
We are seeking a talented individual to join our Financial Planning teams based in Cardiff. This team is responsible for building and developing trusted relationships with current and potential clients, delivering financial planning and wealth management advice, and working within the context of an agreed business plan. All advice given to clients must be suitable, tailored and personalised to the client and in line with advice and control policies.
As a Financial Planner, some of your responsibilities will be to:
- Plan, implement and execute the annual Business Plan in line with the agreed individual targets. Build new client relationships and maintain and develop existing client relationships through effective ongoing service to help minimise attrition, and deliver new client instructions and client referrals as a result of satisfied clients. Achieve the required number and quality of client and Centres of Influence (COI) meeting activity.
- Achieve and maintain professional competence as defined within the Company's Professional Standards Framework. Achieve the requisite level of qualifications and maintain knowledge through Continuous Professional Development (CPD). Strive for no complaints and where they are received ensure they are brought to a satisfactory resolution in a timely fashion.
- Manage existing client base and prospect resource on an ongoing basis. Ensure clients have the right asset allocation to achieve their financial objectives with the minimum level of risk. Ensure all client portfolios are reviewed at least annually in line with clients' changing risk attitudes and strategic requirements.
- Build and maintain COIs to initiate and nurture close relationships with professional advisers. Work in partnership with Investment Management colleagues to develop client relationships.
- Act in all times in line with the Company's values.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Diploma (Dip PFS) or equivalent, preferably Chartered status
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain long-term client relationships on a fee basis
- Proven track record through successful past performance in advisory roles
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and communicate advice practices and processes clearly and effectively
- Technical/product knowledge and effective communication of wide ranging holistic financial planning strategies & solutions
As a colleague here at Evelyn Partners, you will have access to benefits that include:
Private medical insurance
Hybrid working model (role dependent)
Generous holiday package
Option to purchase additional holiday
Shared parental leave
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings, representative of our society and clients. We are committed to providing a work environment where all colleagues, regardless of identity, background, or circumstance, feel respected as individuals and feel that they can achieve their full potential and work in a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment.
If you need any reasonable adjustments for your application process, please let your recruiter know.