Are you ready for an exciting new challenge with a successful Gold Standard full fibre network provider? Backed by significant private investment, we're looking for bright sparks who like to go the extra mile to join us in what is an exciting time.
To support our rapid growth, we are looking for talented and ambitious people with the knowledge, creativity, drive, and determination, to positively impact the lives of those communities with REAL FIBRE broadband connectivity, whilst embodying our values, Ambitious, Loyal, and Proud.
Our exciting opportunity
This role is key in the Delivery team supporting the Design Manager with ensuring the network designs are in alignment with the companies planning and design policies and will own the planning cycle end to end. Duties will include but not limited to;
- Responsible for managing of all design aspects and leading the design team to support a partner project delivery programme
- Responsible for the creation of the network designs to support the business objectives
- Support the creation and manage the end-to-end processes and systems either with external or internal parties to ensure that designs meet the required objectives
- Support the creation and manage the network planning and design policies to include decision trees on the use of Over Head, Under Ground, Public Infrastructure Access, Own Build etc.
- Ensure that during the planning and design stage companies' objectives are met in relation to the time, quality and costs of the designs created and the process to create
- Creation and validation of the HLD either directly or with partners
- Creation and validation of the LLD either directly or with partners
- Creation of the designs using CBL's GIS systems to support the business decisions
- Creation and validation of all required outputs to allow for effective network build
- Work with the DM to optimise the process and systems in place and create a culture of continuous improvement within the Delivery department
- Supervision of all contractor design related activities
- Training all contractors on the requirements from CBL
Your skills and experience
- Experience of working in a telecommunications infrastructure build environment and how a design is critical to a successful build
- 3rd party contractor management Detailed technical appreciation for different network technology i.e., GPON, WDM, fibre, radio etc.
- Creation of network designs using multiple technologies (P2P, GPON, XGSPON etc.) and using overhead and underground infrastructure
- Creating design and planning rules and strategic direction for the network Ability to provide designs using CAD and/or GIS systems to a high standard
Why join us?
We believe in giving back to our employees, empowering everyone to develop to their full potential. We believe in reward and recognition and therefore offer some great benefits, that are continuously being reviewed.
- 22 days holiday + 8 statutory bank holidays
- Holiday increases with service
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Access to 1000's of discounts via Perkbox
- Fantastic company events throughout the year
- In house trained Mental Health Champions
- Eye care vouchers
- Company Pension
- Sick Pay