Senior Service Technician (m/f/d)
AMETEK is a highly technical manufacturing company made up of 40 industry leading companies. Our mission is to solve our customers most challenging problems with differentiated technology solutions. We employee 18,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries. AMETEK (NYSE:AME) is a component of the S&P 500.
AMETEK Inc. is a leading global supplier of electronic instrumentation and electromechanical devices. The AMETEK Group employs over 18,000 people in nearly 150 locations and has a global network of sales, service and support locations in the United States and 30 other countries worldwide.
Business Unit of AMETEK - Programmable Power is looking for a Senior Service Technician (m/f/d) to join the team in Meerbusch, Germany near Düsseldorf.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Providing support to the customers (discussing product specifications or walking them through how to do basic diagnostics on their equipment to determine if repairs are necessary)
- Repairing a wide array of electrical products which are manufactured by AMETEK Programmable Power
- Assisting with technical support requests which can be received via phone, web chat, or our online ticketing system
- Excel at solving customers problems effectively and efficiently while providing world class customer service
What exactly does a Service Technician do?
- Our Service Technicians spend most of their time performing repairs and calibrations on equipment sent back to the factory from our customers.
- Approximately 25% of the time (every 4th week) the Service Technician will be responsible for answering customer inquiries, which include answering the phone, web chat, or handling support tickets using our ticketing software.
- The customer service repair area is located within our production/manufacturing area. Time spent providing technical support to customers is done within our office area of the facility.
- Occasional travel, up to 10%, may be required to facilitate repair or service work at a customer s facility.
- Understanding of complex electrical theory and ability to explain it to someone that doesn t have a background in electronics
- Enjoys tackling challenging technical product issues
- Hands-on and ready to roll up the sleeves
- Enjoys working with your hands
Do you have what we re looking for?
This position requires one of the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering/Electrical Engineering Technology or related degree.
- Relevant years of experience in a similar field such as an electrical or computer technician with solid troubleshooting skills and knowledge of the theory of electronics.
While specific experience setting up, testing, and repairing Programmable Power Supplies or Test and Measurement equipment is not necessary, it is considered a strong plus.
Must have effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is beneficial.
In exchange, we offer you:
- Modern offices in Meerbusch/Germany
- Vibrant, ambitious, stimulating and worldwide company;
- Cutting-edge tech products;
- A solid and unique global team;
- Flexible work schedule because we have your family at heart;
- Competitive salary;
- Good social benefits such as a free Urban Sports Club Membership, Sodexo Vouchers, Bike-Leasing;
- The possibility to progress with a variety of projects;
- and much more!
Our Recruitment Specialist for Europe, Milica Nogulović ( ) is happy to help - we are looking forward to your application!
Visit for more information.