Senior Software Development Engineer
Overview of Position
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to join a team building the next generation of a growing healthcare platform. Our team is looking to add members that take ownership, delivering stable feature functionality, our community requires. Were looking for you if youre comfortable working in a collaborative environment where everyone takes responsibility for success in every aspect of our products delivery. We build incrementally, deliver by validation, enable through a culture of DevOps.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Plans and executes the design, development, deployment, and operation of cloud-based services. Negotiate technical needs vs. new features and be a key contributor in defining the product roadmap.
- Hold teams to high standards in writing quality scalable and supportable code, complete with appropriate unit tests, automated testing, documentation, and operationalization aspects in a CI/CD environment.
- Provides technical leadership to implement new functionality and improvements to existing implementations
- Provides training and mentoring to other team members on areas of expertise
- Interface with user representatives or other engineering groups to define requirements and/or necessary modifications when required; proactively collaborates with other teams to resolve roadblocks and ensure a smooth delivery.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
What critical skills are needed for you to consider someone for this position?
- Proficiency with GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker/containers, or similar; Proficiency with TDD and CI/CD processes
- Bachelors degree in computer science or another relevant field. Masters Preferred
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Experience in building complex, highly scalable, performant, secure and reliable software systems
- Experience in Cloud-native design, principles, and best practices
- Experience with building Healthcare systems preferred
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Understanding of data modeling and database theory (ACID, CAP etc.)
- Experience designing, creating, and securing APIs; Web Services (SOAP/XML, REST/JSON), OAuth, JWT/JWE/JWS, WS-Security, SAML
- Experience as an architect/development lead preferred
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- General office demands/Home office
How much should I expect to travel?
- Up to 10% travel requirement
- Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Some of our positions require employees to be onsite at a Change Healthcare facility or a Client site, including Medical Facilities. Depending on the sites health and safety guidelines, you may be required to have medical screenings or vaccinations to meet site requirements, which may include Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing. Further details and requirements will be confirmed during the interview process.
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicant will reveive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.