Our client, an international Life Science business with over 60,000 staff globally has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Field Application Scientific Expert/Technical Specialist to cover Northern Europe. The person requires strong understanding of current and future customer, market and regulatory needs and be responsible for customers within Biologics in the UK and the North EU territory.
The candidate will serve as an experienced technical specialist in biological safety testing of biologics, viral vectors, plasmids and vaccines including viral clearance studies for manufacturing processes for pharma and biotechnology companies, and champion general scientific support for Cell and Gene Therapy (C>) technology. For this expert-level technical position, it would be an advantage to have a solid working knowledge of manufacturing principles for vaccines, live viral vectors, plasmids, biologics and current C> technologies.
Please note this role can be based anywhere in Northern Europe.Minimum requirements
- Educated to Ph.D. level (Life Sciences or a relevant scientific field) or equivalent experience. MSc degree will be considered for applicants with extensive experience in the pharma/biotechnology field.
- At least 5 -8 years of relevant extensive experience in biologics and/or vaccines manufacturing and/or analytical assay development and applications.
- Prior experience of working in a R&D, Quality Control, CMC/Regulatory or manufacturing environment of vaccines/biologics and/or C>.
- Experience working within a regulated environment and ability to interact effectively with regulatory agencies
- Advanced presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate complex technical/scientific topics to customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Strong interpersonal experience with a demonstrated ability to lead and influence teams and individuals
- Ability to effectively communicate and build working relationships with internal teams/customer
- Willingness to travel to the UK and North EU region on average 30% of the time. Some international travel required.
Please apply online in the first instance.
STEM Recruitment Solutions Ltd operates as a recruitment agency in this instance. We endeavor to reply to all applications when possible.