Senior Underwriter - Asset Finance
London (home working)
To £85,000 plus bonus and benefits
Our client is the fast-expanding asset finance division of a bank and provide a range of lending products for the UK SME and mid-corporate sectors.
As part of their ambitious plans they are looking for a Senior Underwriter who will be given the opportunity and autonomy to help build and shape a market leading Asset Finance underwriting function. The scope is to work as a senior member of the underwriting team supporting higher value deals, specialist lines and Receivables business.
This position will have responsibility for the end-to-end underwriting process; including representing the function at Credit Committees, when applicable, with the ability to influence lending decisions and has dual responsibilities.
The primary responsibility will involve the underwriting of security structured and refinance transactions acting as the liaison for the Sales and 2nd Line Credit teams.
The second responsibility of the role will be to underwrite other Asset Finance transactions and in particular Middle Ticket proposals, as and when required.
As a key liaison point for Asset Finance, this position will be focused across the Asset Finance business in providing market intelligence and commentary which will influence Sales, Credit, Operations, Audit, Proposal Management and Collections in ensuring that the full risk profile of assets is fully articulated in the lending process and in manging the risk profile of the book.
- Timely and accurate underwriting decisions within a higher level delegated authority and recommendations to senior management and Transactional Credit Committee where outside of personal mandate
- Prepare comprehensive financial analysis identifying all material financial and other risks and opportunities in order to arrive at a balanced and informed recommendation
- Undertakes all appropriate diligence in respect of transactions, including reference to relevant bureaus, referencing agencies & other external sources ensuring alignment to the Bank s risk policies
- Maintains active watch over portfolio performance & awareness of market trends
- Able to liaise with key customers
In the first instance please send your CV to Lucy Davies