Do you have great analytical and numeracy skills? Are you passionate about providing great customer service? Red is excited to be recruiting an Underwriter to join a leading Legal Expenses Insurance company based in Bristol. If you'd like the great opportunity of being a vital part of a great team in Bristol, we'd like to speak with you!
Package and Benefits of a Senior Underwriter:
- Salary: £32,870 - £38,000
- Location: Bristol
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Bonus scheme
- Hybrid working model after training period
- Minimum 26 days holiday + buy holiday scheme + carry up to 5 days holiday into the next year
- Contributory pension scheme, Health Cash Plan, and free health assessments
- Motor breakdown cover and Life Assurance
- Gym subsidy and Cycle2Health
- Free drinks and fruit and much more!
Key Responsibilities of a Senior Underwriter:
- Manage your own portfolio of insurance business, taking ownership of accounts in collaboration with the sales team
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with business partners and attending customer meetings
- A technical referral point for the BTE Underwriting department.
- Identifying the learning and development needs of the BTE Underwriting department and implementing training programmes
- Review and assess new insurance business applications and provide our sales team with new scheme quotes and prices for one off insurance cover
Skills and Experience of a senior Underwriter:
- You will have a minimum of three years of Underwriting experience and will be ACII qualified or working towards
- You will be extremely comfortable working with and manipulating numbers in Excel, to understand historical trends and future projections
- You will have experience training team members and acting as a referral point for escalated queries
- You will have excellent attention to detail and be comfortable assessing information quickly and effectively
- You will enjoy working as part of a busy team, and relish in swapping from one task to another
- You will therefore be organised and quick to prioritise your work as needed
If you believe you have the right requirements for this role and would like to work as a Senior Underwriter in Bristol, apply now!
Red Recruitment (Agency)