My client is an exciting Fintech start-up on a strong mission to simplify the lives of small businesses and sole traders. They have helped over 34,000 customers and after recently securing their Series A funding they have ambitious growth plans & an exciting product roadmap.
They strongly believe in taking a user centric approach and are looking for a Senior User Researcher to work in a lean and collaborative manner to help shape the customer s experiences across all mobile and web products.
As the first in-house researcher you ll lead all research activities as part of a close-knit product team. As the business grows you will be able to build out the research function and become the voice of the customers (small business owners, the self-employed and accountants).
This is a perfect role if you are excited by working in an entrepreneurial disrupter and possess a strong desire to shape a research function within a FinTech start-up.
Responsibilities for the Senior User Researcher- Fintech
For this position, we are looking for someone with broad skills from qualitative design research methods to an understanding of quantitative concepts.
- Foster a deep understanding and empathy for customers
- Embed yourself into cross-functional product teams to proactively identify gaps in knowledge and opportunities for research to help ensure we deliver well-designed products that truly meet customer s needs
- Conduct user research using diverse and appropriate methods to better understand behaviours and attitudes
- Manage the customer panel and the recruitment of research participants
- Familiarise yourself with quantitative data in our analytics tool and use it to craft research questions to explore with customers
- Create and maintain documentation which leverages insights such as personas and user journey maps
- Empower the product team and others in the organisation by involving them in research and bringing them closer to the customer
- Passionately disseminate your insights and findings to elevate not only the collective understanding of our customers but also the user research discipline
Requirements for the Senior User Researcher- Fintech
- Proven track record of leading both exploratory and evaluative research projects that have had a meaningful impact on a product or service
- Demonstrable experience of having used a wide variety of research methods and then choosing to create the right deliverable for the job - from journey maps to running workshops
- You love sharing your work, writing and presenting well-articulated insights to all levels of the company and documenting research to be both actionable and timeless
- You treat research as a team sport and have experience collaborating with Product, Design, Marketing and the wider business throughout projects
- Able to independently drive multiple concurrent projects in an agile environment
- Previous experience working with data analytics platforms or data teams
- Confident and comfortable working in an unstructured environment and possess a strong desire to shape a research function within a FinTech start-up
Benefits for the Senior User Researcher - Fintech
- A chance to work with some great technology and tools in a challenging, fast paced environment, whilst being fully supported by a great team who you can learn from
- Exposure to every area of the business. You ll be encouraged to get involved and make an impact on how we work
- A transparent and open company culture where employees are consulted on company decisions and direction
- Share options
- 8% pension scheme
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible hybrid working policy (currently one day a week in the London office, otherwise remote)
- Life assurance with YuLife
- Office socials