Apply now () Job no: 493331
Work type: Full Time
Location: Troy, NY
Categories: Staff, Trades, Service, and Maintenance
Who we are
For nearly 200 years, Rensselaer has been defining the scientific and technological advances of our world. Rensselaer serves over 7,600 undergraduate and graduate students from 49 states and 63 countries. Guided by the Rensselaer Plan 2024, Rensselaer seeks to transform the delivery of pedagogical innovations, and to be a transformative agent in the 21st century and beyond.
The Shuttle Driver provides transportation services to the Rensselaer Community (students, staff, faculty and guests) including special events ensuring transportation system and passenger safety. This position also assists with parking, traffic and crowd control and emergency evacuations as needed.
Must possess and maintain a valid NYS CDL C or higher class license with P Endorsement (Commercial Drivers License with passenger endorsement). License cannot carry restrictions that prohibit operation of vehicles in Rensselaers shuttle fleet.
Applicants must meet stated minimum education and experience requirements.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Operational knowledge of vehicles
- Requires strict attention to detail and schedules
- Clear and effective verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to read, write and perform simple arithmetic
- Available for flexible shift scheduling
- Requires ability to effectively deal with emergency situations
- Requires excellent customer relation skills
- Ability to operate a personal computer
- Ability to exercise judgment and make decisions
Non Standard Shift
Currently hiring for shift:
Eve shift Tue-Fr 3:30pm-12:00am including Sat. 9:00am-5:30pm
Other Shifts that may become available:
- Day Shift Tue-Fri 7:30am-4:00pm including Sat 9:00am-5:30pm
- Day Shift Mon-Th 7:00am-3:30pm including Sunday being 9:00am-5:30pm
- Eve shift Mon-Th 3:30pm-12:00am including Sun 9:00am-5:30p
- Eve shift Tue-Fr 3:30pm-12:00am including Sat. 9:00am-5:30pm
- Weekends: Sat. 3:30pm-12:00a including Sun. 12:00pm-8:30p
- Weekends: Sat. 3:30pm-12:00am including Sun. 12:00pm-8:30pm
Local travel between campus locations only
Driving a passenger van seating 14 or fewer
Follow the on-screen prompts to create an application. Please be ready to upload any required documents
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact
Job Posted Date
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
COVID-19 Pandemic Protocols
As Rensselaer welcomes undergraduate and graduate students back to campus for an in-person academic experience, all faculty and staff are expected to work onsite, with no remote work allowed.
In addition, Rensselaer requires all faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
We welcome candidates who will bring diverse cultural, ethnic, national and international perspectives to Rensselaers work and campus communities.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Race/Gender/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Advertised: 26 Apr 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now () Refer a friend