Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a new permanent position available for a Social Worker within the Children in Care Team to work full time based in Lowestoft.The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is up to £34,373 per annum.Main duties:
- Using the skills and knowledge gained through obtaining a professional Social Work qualification, to carry out the most complex and challenging asset-based assessments/reviews.
- To carry out background research on referrals, much of which will be destressing and/or emotionally/mentally demanding.
- To work as a role model showing qualified and unqualified team members how to manage creatively within budgetary restraints to achieve excellent value for money for customers, carers and the service.
- To share examples of excellent practice with colleagues across the Area/further afield (and seek out examples of excellent practice from elsewhere).
- To give good financial and benefit advice in complex and conflicting situations, including Adult safeguarding situations, Approved Mental Health situations and/or Best Interest cases.
- Where necessary, to advise on Daily Living Equipment and adaptations, championing use of Assistive Technology.
- To advice customers and carers concerning their rights, the options available to them and how they can be better supported in a wide variety of the most difficult and challenging circumstances.
- To work as a Practice/Policy Champion within the team, advising team members and contributing to their development.
- To act as a key point of liaison for non SWS staff regarding policy issues, attending workshops or meeting to represent SWS at a county level.
- To have case responsibility for allocated customers, most of which will be very complex and challenging.
- To share knowledge and learning with colleagues and support team development, contributing to the planning of Learning Sessions/Practice Meetings where required.
- To participate effectively in internal team working such as duty rotas and buddy systems.
- To liaison with other professionals to provide appropriate advice and information.
- To keep timely, full and accurate computer records of all work undertaken with customers and work as Recording Champion.
Requirements of this Social Worker job:
- A social Work Qualification or equivalent.
- Understanding of relevant legislation.
- Continual professional development.
- Social Work England registered.
Contact:This Social worker job is advertised by Harry Smy; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning Best Candidate Care at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.Reasonable Adjustments:If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.