Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Secret Public Trust/Other Required:
None Job Family:
Software Development Summary:
Assists with the coding of the tools and applications that support the dissemination and tracking of content to the desired audience. These tools allow the creation of content, translation by translators, and publication of content. Assists in the development of tools to help manage metrics data, user comments, feedback and to monitor and analyze website metrics. Supports testing to verify products against requirements. SW Engineering Roles:
- Works with a team of developers, data engineers and data scientists to create web applications to collect and manage data in support of Internet and social media activities
- Participates in Agile project management methodologies to support all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Works within a team environment using Confluence, Jira and Slack to manage, assign and collaborate on work tasks
- Develops Web applications in Ruby on Rails or Django/Python on Linux and deployed in AWS using MySQL and RedShift databases
- Reviews projects' ability to deliver robust and scalable solutions, learning and incorporating new technologies as appropriate
- Supports database engineering by providing Python support using AWS Lambda
- Builds and operates scalable and secure systems on AWS
- BA/BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of related experience (Additional Education, Training, Certification or Work Experience can be substituted in lieu of degree or work experience)
- Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance; current DoD Secret clearance preferred
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.