Software Test Engineer
Proactives client are looking to bring a Software Test Engineer into a growing team. The team is part of a small but rapidly expanding, ambitious Technology company; working within the Collections & Recoveries sector of the Financial Services Industry.
The Software Test Engineer will be responsible for the testing of all applications and services.
In this role, you should be comfortable working with business users and IT teams. You will be required to inspect requirements and specifications and produce test plans and strategies for both functional and non-functional cases. You should be a good communicator with an ability to determine requirements and propose and deliver the best solutions.
Reporting to the Head of Development the candidate will be required to:
- Manage the testing program of all development work
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to understand test requirements
- Utilize programming languages to create testing scripts, and documenting software testing procedures.
- Collaborating with team members to develop robust applications and services.
- Become the interface with end users to ascertain areas of improvement, such as usability and automation.
- Ensure quality of products is maintained
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in testing and deployment controls and skills.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be able to:
- Build test plans, user stories and use cases
- Design application test processes and strategies
- Prepare test platforms
- Develop Unit Testing
- Develop testing for database development
- Track failures and escalate for remediation
- Ability to write and produce documentation
- Excellent ability to translate requirement and specs into test plans
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Understanding of programming skills: C#
- Database skills: SQL
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website