Are you looking for your next great mission professionally? Do you feel like you have more to give, want to learn new skills and be part of a team with a rewarding mission supporting our veterans? Leidos has the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a skilled and adaptable Solution Architect to join our team! This position will work supporting our $4.3 billion DOD Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program, providing the modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. Leidos, along with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMSM Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our proposed EHR system that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. This is one of the most exciting, cutting-edge programs that you can be a part of with Team Leidos. Our solutions will improve the quality of healthcare for some 10 million military personnel and their families. Let talk about how good it feels when you know you are making that kind of difference!!
The DHMSM Solutions Architect - will support innovation and technical efforts surrounding the optimization of existing EHR capabilities and creation of new capabilities, all from a DHMSM system perspective. The Solutions Architect will work closely with the Senior Solutions Architect and the Integration Engineer to create strategies, plans, and processes for the rollout and sustainment of DHMSM services. The Solutions Architect will be a key liaison to the DHMSM Systems Engineering and TPMs and supporting technical teams.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Provide architecture and analysis of a highly complex system of systems through functional systems analysis, design, and integration
- Provide support to complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
- Advise on system integration support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques. Estimate system capability improvement or enhancement costs and schedule
- Review existing system components and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques
- Review current status of system applications and prepare recommendations for systems improvements and/or innovation
- Provide guidance with RPA process analysis, design, develop, and test automation workflows
- Participate in the deployment of RPA components including bots, robots, development tools, code repositories, logging tools and create process and end-user documentation
- Develop plans and requirements for complex systems related to information systems architecture, networking, telecommunications, automation, communications protocols, risk management/electronic analysis, software, lifecycle management, software development methodologies, and modeling and simulation
- Perform functional allocation to identify required tasks and their interrelationships. Identify resources required for each task
- Review existing processes and procedures for improvements and provide recommendations to LPDH and DHMSM leadership for execution. Support the implementation of these process and procedure improvements
- Regular briefings to and communication with GS-14 and GS-15 level government customers. Support to Senior Solutions Architect briefings to SES level government customers is likely
- Monitor industry trends and directions; develop and present substantive technical recommendations to team for efficient reporting and leveraging areas of opportunity
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Set clear goals, delegate tasks and set deadlines as necessary
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (required qualifications)
- Masters with 15- 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 16 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain ADP2/IT2 Public Trust. Federal Government requirement
- Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- 15 years of progressive demonstrated experience designing and implementing complex IT solutions in a large-scale enterprise
- Demonstrated experience in practical application of lifecycle engineering for IT infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience designing and modernizing complex enterprise networks and legacy IT systems
- Demonstrated experience applying System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and best practices
- Project management experience working with Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), IMS, and work authorizations
- Understanding of cost and schedule development as well as controls to conduct root cause analysis and identify corrective actions
- Experience with baseline change control processes
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communication skills
- 10 years of progressive proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- oversees a group of employees and motivates them to do their job efficiently
- Requires ability to communicate with internal and external executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project
HOW TO STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD (preferred)
- Experience with EHR system interface configuration, implementation, and operation
- Experience troubleshooting deployed IT systems, including databases
- Experience interpreting and decomposing requirements
- Experience with technical road mapping, to include deployment planning
- Experience with software development methodologies, including testing
- Experience with DoD Cybersecurity implementations
- Experience in large-scale COTS integration
- Familiarity with DoD Configuration Management and Systems Engineering methodologies
- Experience with Cerner solutions, Dentrix Enterprise, and Rhapsody
- Experience with medical and/or dental record integration or transition
- Experience in RPA technologies including UiPath
Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.