As Solutions Architect you will design and assist in delivering technical solutions in line with the company's business and systems strategies, digital transformation objectives, standards and policies.
You will contribute to the creation and maintenance of technology roadmaps and overall system strategy and work closely with the business community to identify new opportunities of how & where technology can be used to provide business benefit.
In your first 6 months, you will work alongside one of our existing solutions architects on multiple business initiatives in up to two specific areas of our business, whilst you build relationships with stakeholders and improve domain knowledge. You will attend agile ceremonies and workshops, be asked to create diagrams and design documents and learn how to operate within the organisation's agile framework. You will need to present designs to the Technical Design Authority and you will need to be able to elicit non-functional requirements. You may be asked to research specific technologies or languages and how they fit in the overall technology estate. You may also need to engage with 3rd party suppliers, consultants and partners and to co-ordinate large scale design activity with a number of components across multiple technologies and teams.
In your first 12 months, you will have established working relationships with key stakeholders and have formed a greater understanding of the business. You will be able to operate independently and without supervision to a greater extent. You will begin to take on sole design responsibility for projects and will have a more proactive role in helping the business area achieve its goals. You will be the main point of contact representing technology for a business area so you will be expected to keep colleagues in that business area and our technology teams connected.
- Evaluate (and recommend) solutions, including costs and impact
- Ensure solutions align to the Business and Systems Strategy
- Ensure solutions meet Regulatory, Legal and Risk requirements
- Ensure roadmaps and strategy are understood in both technical teams and the wider business
- Define non-functional Requirements (NFRs), major system elements, subsystems, and interfaces
- Lead the design for change initiatives within the company's agile framework and ensure the design is safeguarded throughout the change lifecycle
- Define design iterations aligned to business MVP and encourage and promote evolutionary design
- Increase business awareness of new technologies and existing system capabilities
- Evaluate and recommend tools, patterns and practices
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of technology, industry and the business
- Good commercial experience working in technology, ideally within Financial Services
- Commercial experience of Solution Architecture in an agile framework
- Self-Motivated and driven, able to work with little supervision, with a demonstrable track record in delivering large-scale and/or complex solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and appropriately to a technical and non-technical audience
- A demonstrable personal interest in technology
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft development technology stack and a demonstrable record in developing and architecting Microsoft-based applications
- A demonstrable ability to handle multiple concurrent initiatives
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative agile environment and to coach and mentor others
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards
- A Competitive Salary, pension scheme and Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus an additional day on us for your birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both in role performance' but also the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work'
- Free access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to you via our Online Benefits Portal
If this role is of interest, please apply today or e-mail Geoff Bridger.