Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? Thats the power of data in motion in actiongiving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, were building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
Were looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluents enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we growwhether youre just starting out in your career or managing a large team, youll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact. About the Role:
Were looking for a strong technologist who will support and grow the technical relationship with AWS. You will collaborate across product, engineering, and field teams to build joint enterprise streaming solutions that highlight Confluents unique features.
Successful Cloud Partner Solutions Engineers typically have backgrounds as developers, solution architects, technical account managers, or product specialists, but they all share a passion for expanding Confluents partner ecosystem and delivering the best of that world to our customers. What You Will Do:
What You Will Bring:
- Provide architecture guidance and recommendations across solutions, offerings and customer opportunities
- Serve as AWS SME to Confluent field team
- Work with AWS to build differentiated solutions and offerings that include Confluent Technology
- Build and manage relationships with key technical leaders at AWS
- Educate and enable cloud partner architects on Kafka, Confluent and Event Streaming architecture
- Author whitepapers, technical articles and blog posts
- Create content, organize and deliver technical workshops to enable and educate partners
- Work closely with Confluent customers who already are or about to go all-in on AWS
Come As You Are
- Deep knowledge of AWS strategy, products, organizational and operating models
- Demonstrated experience architecting enterprise solutions for customers and/or partners on AWS
- Experience serving as Technical Sales/Systems Engineer in a cloud environment or equivalent experience in a customer and/or partner-facing role.
- Experience designing and building big data, stream processing, and/or other distributed systems for Fortune 1000 companies
- Experience with messaging, streaming and ETL products commonly used in the enterprise
- Experience authoring, presenting and delivering technical material
- Experience operating within and across cross-functional teams including product management, engineering, sales, marketing, etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill, with focus on identifying shared business value around complex software solutions
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice () , which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.