Staff Software Engineer (AWS Cloud) (Remote-US)
Change Healthcare is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to act in a Tech Lead capacity for several teams of AWS Cloud Engineers working on the Real-time Settlement program. This role will be responsible for leading software engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of distributed software systems and Infrastructure as Code solutions in the AWS cloud. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing Infrastructure as Code based cloud applications, strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be working in a team providing technical leadership in lean/agile and DevOps practices, including test driven development, continuous integration and delivery, and engineering best practices. This role will work with architects, other engineers, product and program managers in an Agile/SCRUM environment to deliver the requested features and improvements to the software on time and budget.
This position requires a good understanding of enterprise best practices and customer personas. The ability to absorb new technologies, understand existing enterprise management tools and the skill to leverage them to the maximum extent is a key component of this position. We are striving for maximum compatibility with current healthcare products and services as well as new cloud enterprise technologies and best practices.
This role will focus on greenfield engineering of claim settlement system. The space is complex and challenging, with a large customer and multiple system integrations. We work in small, agile scrum teams. As the teams are spread out geographically, teamwork is key.
Engage in leading the building a market changing real-time claim settlement system leveraging an evolving set of languages and technologies including Java, Go, Python, TypeScript and AWS services such as ECS, Lambda, Fargate, S3, Kinesis, and AppMesh.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to a team of engineers working in a DevOps environment.
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- Demonstrate strong drive to learn and advocate for development best practices (TDD, code reviews, continuous integration, work in small batches, etc.)
- Communicates proactively and effectively with team members and other stakeholders in a highly Agile environment.
- Self-starter that will take tasks and accomplish them with little oversight according to timelines and budgets agreed upon with business and technology stakeholders.
- Strong background in modern languages such as Java, distributed systems development, REST web services, and relational databases.
- Experience with GIT, GitHub/Lab, Jenkins, Jira
- Demonstrated technical cloud-based experience as an senior engineer.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering software solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- 12+ years of software engineering experience including Agile
- Established skill designing and developing solutions to complex problems in a distributed systems environment.
- Strong technical credentials, with ideally 4+ years experience in a technical leadership capacity, including hands-on cloud solution experience
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including familiarity with modern cloud computing, agile development, automated testing, and development best practices
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Good communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical leaders
- Ability to breakdown requirements into stories and provide estimates, perform code reviews, raise technical risks and create documentation
- Experience with Cloud
- Experience in agile/scrum methodologies, DevOps, and software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of networking protocols, PKI, and info sec practices.
- Committed to current best practices, continuous deployment, 100% fault tolerance, high performance, infrastructure as code, and working in a Test Driven and DevOps organization
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience with Distributed Software, Service Oriented Architecture, NoSQL database concepts
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Knowledge of SRE operations methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience working with large enterprise data assets
- Experience with X12 healthcare transactions such as Eligibility and Claims
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and the security of PHI data
- Experience with Blockchain based technologies.
- BS degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
li-remote Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at and the supplemental information at
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcares Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information () .
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicant will reveive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.