Location: Ealing W7
Application Deadline: 28 August 2022
Salary: £21,606 per annum
An exciting opportunity to join Certitude as a Support Worker as we continue to grow as a Social Care provider in London.
Salary: £21,606 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours
Job Type: Permanent
Service: Mental Health
Location: Ealing W7
Positions Available: 1
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- 33 days annual leave, pension scheme and 24-hour Employee Assistance
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan & Cycle to work Scheme (eligible after 1 years service)
About the role
The Role of the Support Worker is to provide specialist expertise and support to facilitate teams in achieving person centred outcomes for the people we support, some of whom have profound and complex needs, to maximise the individual s independence and enable them to be active in their communities.
Duties will include:
- Build great relationships with the people we support and the people important in their lives (families, other staff, and external professionals). Know their skills, interests, qualities, strengths, challenges, ways of communicating and aspirations and ensure the individualised service they receive plays to their strengths; helps them tackle their challenges and achieve their goals
- Support people to spend their time and money in ways that give them pleasure and meaning with people they want to have time with, in ways that enable them to contribute and feel valued, be a part of communities that matter to them and help them grow and develop
- Ensure people are supported in everyday tasks in a respectful way that meets their individual needs and preferences and enables them to do as much as possible themselves and gives them as much choice, control and involvement as possible - whether it is assistance to eat, wash, dress, enhancing their mobility, making meals, providing medication, communicating their needs, working out their money, getting in touch with friends, taking part in classes, or linking with the community
- Ensure all the plans and records relating to people are accurate and up to date using respectful language which allows people to see what progress is being made against goals; track areas of concern (e.g. health) and take action as agreed
To be a Support Worker at Certitude, the following are essential:
- Experience of working or supporting people within the mental health field and of enabling people with mental health to take positive risks in their lives
- Experience of mentoring/supervising/coaching others
- Experience of building great relationships which promotes inclusion for people with Mental Health
- Understanding the challenges that are likely to be faced by many people with mental health related issues, including recovery and safeguarding issues
- Ability to make and maintain great relationships with others and someone who is able to help others make contacts and friendships
- Someone with interests and skills that they are willing to share and get others involved as well as being able to work on their own initiative and also be a great team player
About the Organisation
At the Certitude Group, we are proud of our history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities. We support more than 1,800 people across London through a diverse range of support services and believe in providing the right level of support, to enable individuals to flourish, contribute and live a good life.
We have high employee engagement and a strong commitment to people development from both our Board and Leadership Team. As a result, we can support people with mental health needs and learning disabilities to live the life they want to lead; happy, healthy, respected as equals and valued for their contribution within communities.
We aim to be the best social care employer in London and are proud of our reputation as a London employer - employing more than a 1,500 colleagues and volunteers with a turnover of £48m.
- Working Together
- Continuously Improving
- Inspired by People
Do you want to be a Support Worker at Certitude? Select the apply button shown, complete an application form and someone from the Recruitment Team will be in touch! If you have any questions, please email us.
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a full employment history and employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We reserve the right to close vacancies before the date stated when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. You are advised to submit your completed application form as soon as possible to have the best chance of being considered.
Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency