Established in 2005, Our client specialises in supporting adults with learning disabilities across Sussex.
They are dedicated to providing adaptable services to all individuals they support. They value everyone s diversity, and respect their rights to privacy, dignity and individuality.
They are a values-based company who put the people they support first. The organisational purpose is focused on the people they support and making a difference to them - ensuring they receive a good standard of physical, emotional and social care. With their values incorporating adaptability, commitment and a supportive environment for both their staff and the people they support. WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are currently looking for positive, compassionate, and caring Support Workers to join our clients supported living services in the Horsham area. Each of the services provide 24 hours support to individuals ranging from those living in their own flats up to 4 people sharing their home together.You might be working as part of a small team, but some services also require staff to lone work with one individual for some of their shifts.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Assist the people we support in all areas of their lives and help them to achieve their goals.
- Participate in providing daily activities for the people we support.
- Undertake tasks of a domestic nature, e.g. shopping, cooking, laundry, house cleaning with individuals
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with people we support s relatives, outside agencies and other professionals.
- Support individuals in their personal care when appropriate.
- Supporting and caring for those who can at times, displays behaviours that others may find challenging.
- To develop a full knowledge and understanding of administrative procedures pertaining to the people we support. Including reports, support plans and daily recordings.
- To undertake the role of keyworker for an individual.
- People who care regardless of qualifications or experience. We care more about you sharing and demonstrating our values, which are:
- Seeing the possibilities to make positive difference. Valuing and celebrating individuality and diversity.
- Supporting rights, needs, choices and dreams.
- Being resilient - yes there can be tough days but there is also lots of fun to be had!
- Being responsible, sustainable, and innovative in our work.
- Staff work on a shift basis across the week and have a monthly rota, some weekend working is required.
- Regular sleep-in duties will be required as part of the role - these are paid in addition at £68.75 per sleep in.
- Please note that all of our positions require an Enhanced DBS check in relation to adults.
- Full UK driving licence is preferrable
Can you show us how you would treat the people we support; with the dignity and respect they deserve? Are you courageous, willing to champion quality, and raise concerns?
If you do share our values and care, we want you! WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
What we offer our staff:
- A full and comprehensive in-house induction and ongoing training
- Opportunities to obtain a qualification in health and social care and/or Positive Behaviour Support
- Bank Holiday enhancements
- Paid training
- Paid DBS
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Have your birthday off!
- Opportunities for career progression
- Employee Recognition Scheme - employee of the months
- Refer a friend scheme - earn yourself £300
- Casual dress
- Blue Light card - discounts on hundreds of well-known high street and online brands
Salary: £10.50 per hour
COVID-19 considerations:Staff are required to wear full PPE and regularly test as part of this role.