Located in Littleton, CO
Job ID: 594049BR
Date posted: Sep. 13, 2022
Locations: Littleton, Colorado
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator, and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents, and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus-if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Systems Architect to support our Space Protection Programs (SPP), you will:
• Be responsible for leading foundational systems architecture development of new and innovative concepts leading and performing the mission engineering analysis / systems analysis to drive the integrated design and development, CONOPS, system integration
• Lead the SEIT System Architecture team across the mission analysis, HW designers, SW development teams, and customer stakeholders
• Collaborate with customer, stakeholder, and contractor and multi segment representatives to prepare for the Major Milestone Reviews and transition to system development and delivery
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combined education and experience
• Experience in System Architecture across the System Engineering life cycle
• Experience in mission analysis tools development and execution (MATLAB and STK, or equivalent)
• Experience in HW component design or SW design process
• Demonstrated ability to work with multiple engineering disciplines to identify technical product characteristics to develop requirements specifications
• Active TS/SCI with Poly
• Master's degree in Engineering or related discipline
• Familiarity with general Space Protection missions and concepts
• Experience in hardware to software integration
• Experience in Space System to Ground System integration
• Experience in Guidance, Navigation and Control
• Experience in HW component design or SW design process
• Experience with Class B space program development
• Experience in Satellite Operation
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $134,000 - $223,400 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligible
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other