A successful specialist school in the Slough area is looking for a Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant to provide specialist support to children and young people aged 6 - 16 years of age. The position is to start in September 2022.
Role highlights below;
- Full time position working Monday to Friday, term time only (some part time positions available)
- Opportunity to start as soon as possible
- Must hold previous experience working with children with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
- School is accessible via public transport although someone who can drive is preferable
- Competitive rates of pay, depending upon experience and qualifications.
- This position could lead to the opportunity to apply for a permanent role
As the successful candidate, you will be providing flexible support to pupils with a wide variety of learning needs ranging from Autism, Asperger s Syndrome and other barriers to learning. You will be given a specific age group to work with so if you have a preference, please do let us know when applying.
You will be required to establish an effective relationship with pupils, encouraging independence and supporting their teaching and learning. Your duties will vary on a day-to-day basis and you are expected to diversify to support staff and pupils as required.