£32,725 - £38,500Fixed term contract for 12 months
London/ Home based Save the Children has an exciting opportunity for a driven and analytical individual to join us as a Telemarketing Manager, a varied and rewarding role where you will deliver effective telemarketing campaigns across the supporter lifecycle.
Are you a dynamic and proactive individual with extensive experience of delivering recruitment, upgrade, and win back focused telemarketing campaigns?Are you innovative and able to adapt to changing situations, apply technical and professional expertise and work effectively with others?Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child doesn't just survive but thrives and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you!
About UsSave the Children UK believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and worldwide, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children's unique needs are met, and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
Job PurposeWe are looking for a Telemarketing Manager to lead the continued development of our telemarketing supporter recruitment, upgrade, and retention programs which will drive income growth from individual supporters. The role holder will provide strategic advice, technical fundraising expertise, and guidance on managing TM recruited supporters to deliver effective supporter journeys and maximize income.
Working within multi-disciplinary teams, this role will allow you to build solid relationships and cut through boundaries in a fast-moving and dynamic environment. Leveraging agile principles, you'll flex and adapt - learning rapidly and responding to change while keeping our supporters at the heart of everything you do. This role will sit within the Loyalty team but will work with multiple marketing teams across the department.
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary teams to plan and execute telemarketing campaigns which attract, upgrade, retain & winback supporters - using insight and data to understand our audience's needs and motivations in order to build long term relationships
- Manage telemarketing agencies to ensure high standards are maintained and performance targets are achieved
- Ensure a continuous test and learn approach is embedded within our telemarketing programmes to maximise results
- Share your knowledge and upskill the wider marketing teams on telemarketing best practice
- Analyse telemarketing effectiveness and ensure supporter insight and data analysis play a pivotal role in the marketing
- Work collaboratively to design and deliver effective & cohesive multichannel supporter journeys
- Work with Senior Marketing Managers and Squad Leads to manage Squad budgets, e.g. supporting planning, reporting and re-forecasting.
- Ensure that Save the Children marketing communications are compliant with the latest legislation and best practice
- Significant experience in the planning, delivery & analysis of high performing recruitment, upgrade and retention telemarketing campaigns.
- Project management experience with a proven ability to plan and manage activity that delivers complex projects on time and to budget
- Strong numerical and critical thinking skills, specifically the ability to analyse complex data and translate it into tangible information for strategic decision making
- Experience in effectively managing external partners
- Experience in managing budgets
- The ability to prioritise work for self and others and supervise work where required.
- Desirable to have proven experience in training fundraisers
- Desirable to have experience in developing engaging supporter journeys in order to deepen engagement with supporters
- Excellent networking, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- A firm commitment to Save the Children's mission, values and approach (includes child focus, equal opportunities)
- To avoid disappointment, you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if many applications are received. This ensures that we can manage application levels whilst maintaining a positive candidate experience. Unfortunately, we cannot consider further applications once a vacancy has closed.
Remote Working:The majority of SCUK employees are currently working remotely within the UK in line with UK Government guidance. Commencing July 2021 we will transition to flexible and hybrid ways of working (i.e. a mixture of remote/home and office-based working) as social distancing restrictions ease.We are happy to discuss flexible working options at interview.Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.