Test Rig Fluid Systems Design Team Leader
Make a difference with a world class company
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Test Rig Fluid Systems Design Team Leader to work for Rolls-Royce SMR in Derby or Warrington on projects that will contribute to the global reduction of carbon emissions. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in the design project for a new nuclear power station and the establishment of a world class testing capability. Blueprint Recruitment, working with Rolls-Royce SMR and Morson RPO, is looking for a talented and ambitious design engineering team leader to join Rolls-Royce SMR's innovative and dynamic Test Capability Team.
About the Company:
Rolls-Royce SMR is a new business, specifically created to design, construct and deliver a new fleet of Small Modular Reactor power plants that will contribute to Net Zero carbon emissions globally. Created through Rolls-Royce's passion for engineering excellence and with world class investment, this is an exciting new business which expects to become a leading player in the future of energy.
About the Role:
The Team Leader for Test Rig Fluid Systems Design will be responsible for building and leading a team of design engineers developing a variety of exciting and complex thermal hydraulic test rigs to verify the design of the SMRs innovative passive Reactor Safety Systems. Experience of Process system design is important and can be gained from any process plant industry.
You will be a Chartered Engineer (or working towards professional accreditation) and will have a degree in Engineering or similar discipline. You will also have:
- Good knowledge of fluid-mechanics and thermodynamic fundamentals.
- Process system design experience from any process plant industry.
- Previous responsibility for technical, project and people leadership
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- A willingness to challenge conventional thinking, with the desire to make a difference.
Key Responsibilities of the Role will be:
- Build and maintain a team of fluid systems engineers to develop test rigs from concept through to detailed design and operation.
- Be involved with both internal recruitment and sub-contracting, where applicable.
- Develop the team to be at its best, through coaching, training, and management.
- Provide technical supervision to support the generation of engineering assessments such as fluid flow analyses, pump requirements and heat exchanger requirements.
- Produce Safety assessments to ensure the test rigs are safe by design.
- Produce design documentation such as P&IDs and system descriptions.
- Manage technical work packages to ensure the team delivers against its commitments.
- Represent the Test Capability Manager at technical and programme reviews.
Benefits and Work Conditions:
- A highly competitive salary is on offer along with a performance related bonus.
- A range of flexible benefits are available to choose from, enabling you to create a bespoke package to suit your needs.
- Travel: the location of work can be either Derby or Warrington.
- Flexible working / hybrid and remote working patterns are available with agreement.
- Working hours are 37.5 hrs per week with some additional hours as and when required.
- Rolls-Royce SMR are an equal opportunities employer.
To avoid missing out on this exciting opportunity, please contact Molly Brown on or quote . Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.