We're looking for a Travel Interventional Radiologic Technologist, working in the Healthcare Systems & Services industry in Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Assist with clinical, technical, and administrative functions on a daily basis.
- Verify patient identification, history, diagnosis, and procedure for both diagnostic and interventional cases.
- Assist with pre and post procedural patient care.
- Assist with procedural preparation, supplies, and maintain the sterile field according to the standards of care.
- Assist in sterile procedures per physician preference, policy and procedure.
- Operate Interventional Angiography Systems in dedicated suites.
- Set up and operate additional procedural products or equipment.
- Perform quality control and operation of the Angiography System in a safe and competent manner supporting the ALARA principles and alert the physician of intra-procedural dose thresholds and equipment trouble shooting.
- Ensure all team members understand and comply with the principles of radiation safety to include time, distance, proper care and use of lead aprons and dosimetry badges.
- Actively participate in room turnover, patient transfer, terminal cleaning, stocking and quality improvement activities.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Experience Required for Your Success
- Interventional Imaging background with a minimum of 1-year full-time work in an interventional or invasive clinical setting
- Clinical competency within Invasive Cardiovascular, Electrophysiology, Cardiovascular Hybrid, Interventional Radiology, Neuro Interventional, &/or Vascular Surgery Hybrid
- Proficient operating Angiography Equipment, preferred experience with Siemens ARTIS C-arms
- Good understanding of Advanced Imaging including acquisition, post processing, reconstruction, and 3D DynaCT features
- Valid Certification American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Cardiac Interventional (CI) or Vascular Interventional (VI) preferred
- Valid State license (or Eligible to apply)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification preferred
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to interact with patient, client and team members in an autonomous responsible, professional and ethical manner
- Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative