We're looking for a Travel MRI Tech, working in the Healthcare Systems & Services industry in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Performing MRI diagnostic imaging procedures on appropriate anatomical regions according to department procedures and protocols.
- Locating and recording internal elements of the body, and identifying any anomalies indicative of disease, injury, or other medically significant conditions.
- Adjusting equipment and calming patient to eliminate test artifacts.
- Monitoring the patient for potentially dangerous physical and emotional changes.
- Evaluating test results for clarity and accuracy.
- Reviewing tests with peers and physician.
- Informing physicians of preliminary findings as requested according to department procedures.
- Distributing completed test results to physicians and service providers.
- Preparing diagnostic information for physician interpretation.
- Maintaining patient charts, entering diagnosis and billing codes, logging data into patient information systems, and updating file systems for tests performed.
- Cleaning and sterilizing equipment and work space.
- Recognizing equipment malfunctions and readjusting equipment or writing referrals for repair.
- Instructing patients in pretest preparation, answering questions, and explaining procedures.
- Performing additional duties as required.
Experience Required for Your Success
- Clinical Radiographer background with a minimum of 2 years MRI clinical experience required
- Siemens equipment experience required
- Valid ARRT license, registered in MRI
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal needed
- Ability to interact with client personnel and team members in an autonomous responsible, professional and ethical manner
- Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative