Calling all Travel Product Executives! Do you have solid product experience within the Travel industry? Do you want to utilise the skills to help expand my clients' product base and help this successful independent travel company go from strength to strength? My client is a leading travel company, based in their modern Birmingham office, they are looking for an experienced Product Executive to join them to manage existing product! Experience within Product is essential so that the successful candidate can hit the ground running, if you have the skills we are looking for this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
A key role in supporting the Product team with product planning, the Product Executive will assume responsibility for a designated category and will act as the principal contact for all programmes in their remit.
- To deliver effective purchasing procedures to ensure the best possible competitive rates for the business;
- Contracting of tours, hotels and other product-related services. Negotiating competitive rates to ensure competitive process whilst achieving target margins;
- Production of accurate costing data;
- Copywriting of web and brochure text;
- Provide high quality and timely communication, manifests and other documentation to all agents and suppliers
- Support the operations team to manage additional services and special requests relating to bookings
- Produce ongoing analysis of competitor activity and propose appropriate action;
- Assist in the co-ordination of initial health and safety checks with hotels and suppliers;
- Work closely with the Compliance department to ensure that 3rd-party suppliers adhere to health and safety regulations and other areas impacting product delivery;
- Assist the Customer Service department in resolving complaints relating to elements in the supply chain;
- Ensure high levels of service and co-operation with our overseas suppliers and internal departments;
- Liaise closely with the marketing team to ensure adequate representation and sales of all relevant products;
- Support with the creation of client information, itineraries and other documentation;
- Occasional business travel, which may involve travelling over a weekend, in both the UK and overseas.
Have previously worked in travel for a minimum of two years;
Motivated, dedicated and flexible;
An ability to recognise a commercial opportunity;
A methodical and conscientious approach to all tasks;
Commercially-minded with assertive negotiating skills;
The desire to achieve and to contribute to team goals;
Experience of the processes involved in website updating and brochure production;
Thorough knowledge and understanding of the leisure holiday market;
My client will pay a competitive starting salary of £23,000 - £25,000.They also offer other benefits including discounted travel.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for please follow the link and click 'apply' or send your CV to . For any questions, please contact Katy on