Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
None Public Trust/Other Required:
None Job Family:
GDITs FAA UAS team is looking for a dynamic, talented and experienced UX and UI Designer who can develop front-end web designs. You should have experience with all aspects of UX design from interaction design user research and persona creation, to information architecture, visual hierarchy, user research and process flow for mobile and desktop interactions. You will need to be a hands-on contributor in a fast-paced agile environment. You must have a passion for user-centric design and be a strong communicator. Ability to identify alternative design strategies, assess design viability and rapidly transform business requirements into a user interface design. You will also need to interact with developers during the implementation phases.
- Be able to rapidly prototype web portal and application solution design, look, feel and aesthetics
- Work with development teams across multiple engagements to design efficient and comprehensible user interfaces given client requirements
- Prepare documentation of all UIs developed
- Collaborate with stakeholders and development to define and implement innovative solutions for product direction, visuals, experience, and team performance
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to pre-production hand-off to developers.
- Conduct user research and analyze user feedback against design requirements to reflect within design work.
- 5 years of professional experience with Bachelors Degree in Graphic/Web Design, User Experience and/or a web design/development or related discipline.
- Experience working in Agile environments and facilitating working sessions across teams
- Understanding of the User Experience Process
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills to advocate design principals and approach
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Skills with Angular and JAVA
- Skills with Map systems
- User experience practices and methodologies.
- Knowledgeable about Web Accessibility requirements
- Ability to interact, navigate and adapt to challenges in an ever-changing environment, managing expectations of customers and multiple teams.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and manage priorities effectively.
- Self-motived individual
- Contract Requires US Citizenship
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Agency specific Public Trust clearance
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.