Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary, outcomes-informed approach.
Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery. Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
This is an entry level clinical position working in the addiction field. Directly supervise addicted clients. Provide continuity of program services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards. Provide direct counseling services including individual, case management, group and lecture activities on a daily basis. Participate as a team member in the delivery of addictions treatment services to clients and their families and to facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily living situations. This position is a great way to gain experience in the substance abuse field with an opportunity for continuing education by obtaining the Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor certificate (CADC).
- High School diploma or GED and one year of addiction treatment experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Valid driver's license
- Certified Addictions Counselor (CADC) or able to be certified within 24 months
- Skilled in behavioral management techniques
- Ability to coordinate and present lectures for patients, parents and community resources
- A passion to be a part of a mission driven organization
- A teamwork approach
- A desire to make a difference in people's lives
- Work hours prescribed by the Supervisor and any additional hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
- Serve as a role model for other staff, patients and customers and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing Rosecrance.
- Supervise and manage the behavior of the clients and provide appropriate behavioral interventions and consequences.
- Coordinate and supervise patient recreational activities.
- Monitor assigned patients by consulting with the primary counselor in developing and implementing the individual treatment plan and scheduling individual sessions to assist the patients with AA step work and treatment plan objectives.
- Ensure that patient service records are maintained consistent with required rules and regulations.
- Develop and present all patient lectures listed on the clients lecture schedule.
- Observe, monitor and record group dynamics.
- Facilitate focal group discussion sessions.
- Consult with the members of the treatment team and plan daily therapeutic direction for designated shift.
- Read all logs and obtain pertinent information from staff of previous shifts, counselors, teachers, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
- Starting pay HS/GED - $15.43/hr
- Starting pay Associates - $16.37/hr
- Starting pay Bachelors - $17.25/hr
- Additional $.50/hr with CADC certification
- Health insurance with multiple plan options to meet your needs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer contribution
- Group Life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications apply)
- Paid Time Off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
- Certain facilities offering on-site gym
Schedule: 8 hour shifts
- 2nd shift, 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Friday thru Tuesday
Work Location: Rosecrance Jackson Recovery Centers - Sioux City, IA
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law: .pdf
- Bachelors or better in Human Services or related field
- High School or better
Licenses & Certifications