DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards.
- Respond to all guest requests for shuttle service in a prompt and courteous manner; assist guests with luggage while boarding and off-loading vehicle.
- Operate vehicle in accordance with state laws; observe all airport rules pertaining the shuttle vehicles.
- Explain and promote hotel facilities, outlets and services to guests and provide information regarding local attractions and activities.
- Perform daily inspection of vehicles; take necessary action to correct deficiencies or unsafe conditions; keep vehicle clean and neat at all times.
- Maintain vehicle mileage log.
- Regularly inspect and clear hotel entrance and surrounding areas of litter and debris.
- Assist in housekeeping and/or laundry duties to include house attendant rounds and the washing, drying folding of hotel laundry.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
- Ensure guest special requests are fulfilled and proper delivery of guest services is delivered.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding health, and safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of previous hotel experience, or retail customer service preferred.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other languages beneficial.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts, Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.