Vehicle Technician / Mechanic is required to join a leading service provider in Bruntingthorpe on a Permanent or Contracting basis paying highly competitive rates of pay.
A fantastic opportunity to join a global, family-owned business who are a leading UK provider of integrated products and services for the vehicle remarketing sector specialising in connecting the remarketing chain between manufacturers, fleet operators and dealership for services such as vehicle auctions, inspections, transport and reconditioning.
They are currently looking to recruit a number of Vehicle Technician / Mechanic to join their team on a full-time permanent basis (contracting positions also available) paying a salary in the region of £29,000 - £35,500 + Overtime available.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager the successful Vehicle Technician / Mechanic will join a team of specialists supporting in diagnostics including more difficult faults to establish component failure and all aspects of rectification, vehicle maintenance, basic and complex repairs to manufacturer guidelines, whilst liaising with the Parts Department to ensure correct part fitment and identify incorrect parts supplied.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE VEHICLE TECHNICIAN / MECHANIC:
- Follow service processes following manufacturer processes
- Following manufacturer processes in carrying out warranty repairs
- Ability to deliver work on time and to a high standard
- Follow instructions
- Read and analyse data, understand simple and more complex issues both mechanical and electrical and able to conclude on how to rectify the issue.
- Use diagnostic skills to establish the most effective and efficient processes to rectify the issue
- Continuous Development to work on changing products and to keep up to date with a changing market and vehicle technology changes.
- Good understanding of EV vehicles, both operationally and fundamentally and the ability to rectify faults - further ability to progress to carry out EV live working following training.
- Ability to provide a concise and legible write up of work carried out.
THE IDEAL VEHICLE TECHNICIAN / MECHANIC:
- Must have a full UK driving Licence.
- Vehicle Qualifications at a minimum of NVQ Level 2 or equivalent - Essential
- Excellent communication.
- Ability to adapt to new systems and able to adapt to an ever-changing product gaining knowledge through supported programmes and applying in practical application
- The ability to read and analyse data.
- Able to use own initiative and be flexible, reacting to change quickly and effectively.
- Able to work as part of a team to ensure successful delivery of the demands of the department.
- Strong time management and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
HOURS: 40 hours per week+ Overtime available
Level 2 Qualified Technicians: £29,000 - £31,500 per annum
Level 3 Qualified Technicians: £34,000 - £35,500 per annum
Contracting pay rates to be discussed upon application should candidates prefer this type of employment. Contracting roles will be Inside IR35 and paid via Umbrella PAYE.
Proof of qualifications is required.
To show your interest in this role, please apply today with a copy of your CV and a member of the Apex Team will be in touch should you be successfully shortlisted.