Lynx Employment Services are a professional recruitment company based in Sheffield. Established in 2001, we have provided temporary and permanent staff to many different public and private companies.
Lynx always try to provide a high standard of staff therefore successful candidates must be able to show pride and commitment to their work.
We are recruiting on behalf of our client - Amey, who is looking for a Waste Operative to join their team.
Start Date: ASAP
Pay rate: £9.90 per hour
Shift Pattern: Monday to Sunday (5 out of 7 days) between 08:00am - 17:00pm
Purpose of the Role:
As a Waste Operative you will be assisting the public and ensure that all waste is separated according to its stream and that all recyclable elements are recycled.
A typical day could include:
- dealing face to face with the public and answering any queries they have;
- waste acceptance;
- sorting waste to ensure it is in the correct waste stream and general housekeeping.
- no day is the same so this is a great place to have a varied workloadNo previous experience or qualifications is needed as full training will be given.
- Ensure the segregation of the different waste streams into the appropriate containers.
- Assist the public in separating their waste and provide general advice about recycling.
- Greet the public on site and assist them in using the site effectively.
- Ensure the safe storage of waste in accordance with the permit requirements.
- Ensure that hazardous waste is separated and stored appropriately.
- Keep the site clean and tidy and make sure it remains respectable at all times.
- Report all Health and Safety incidents in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Manage and implement site policies as directed.
- Identification of contaminated recyclable materials and undertake appropriate action as necessary.
- All work to be carried out in accordance with Amey s company policies, risk assessments and safe working practices.
- Undertake any training necessary as part of the duties required.
- The post holder must comply with the Company Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety at Work Policies.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the designation and grading of the post, subject to any reasonable adjustments under the Disability Discrimination Act.
Skills and Experiences:
- Experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Able to work as part of team but be able to use their own initiative.
- Good customer service skills and experience of dealing with public.
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures.