Full Time - Permanent
Purpose of Job:
Our client, premium marine engineering services company based in Lowestoft, are looking for an experienced Welding/Fabrication Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising and monitoring the work of company employees and sub-contractors. You will support Management in maintaining and monitoring employee compliance with rules, regulations, health and safety, and company operational procedures.
- Essential must have a back ground in ship refitting specific. Preferable to have experience of new build background.
- Experience of working with working with vessels. Read and understand basic layout and assembly drawings, to class society rules / standards
- Good understanding of shipbuilding/ship repair practices. Understands Works specifications. Understand equipment manuals and installation guides.
- Supervise and monitor employees' work, ensuring the required quality and safety standards and associated procedures are met. Supervisors are also expected to diversify between supervising other trades in a support level.
- To understand the hours, materials, consumables and equipment quoted on a job and complete the work on time and on budget.
- To report progress on jobs to managers, especially if there is a problem which may have an impact on the cost or completion of the project.
- To ensure each job has the relevant RAMS before start working, these are read and understood by the team and safe working procedures are applied to all jobs, including Take 5 paperwork and permits to work.
- To carry out procurement of consumables, plant and materials to support the managers such that a job or site does not run out of such items.
- Ensure good time keeping and conduct of staff in line with agreed policies and procedures.
- Ensure standards of good housekeeping are achieved in all work areas, including workshops, stores, vehicles and at on site locations.
- To assist Management in ensuring that all tools/equipment issued are accounted for and traceable to prevent financial loss to the Company and also to report any instances of theft/loss.
- To ensure that he/she is contactable via telephone to suit the emergency/responsive nature of the Company's core business and client base and may be expected to undertake on-call activities when required.
- To understand and apply the companies IMS systems and procedures.
- To travel to sites/customers to survey work and assist in the quotation process of any project deemed as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of work to class society rules for boat building,
- Expected to be time served NVQ Level 3 apprenticeship with HNC/NC Welding & Fabrication /Shipbuilding Qualification.
- Must have experience setting datums of keel and frame alignments, shell plating fit ups, Welding Procedures, New build Methods of fabrication installation for aluminium craft vessels and steel ship repair back techniques.
- Must have at least 2 years supervision experience, with minimum of five years trade experience in the marine industry.
- Be prepared and confident to travel, as required, for the overall gain of the business. Full UK driving licence.
- Must be able to interpret technical drawings, schematic parts manuals and diagrams and associated technical data & specifications.
- Must have relevant experience in the supervision of personnel to include the monitoring of work output & quality.
- Any CAD experience would be Advantageous.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to succeed in this position, please send your CV or call our branch on .